Links to Photo Albums!

Links to Web Photo Albums:
Week 1 Photos / Week 2 Photos / Photo Collages / Week 3 Photos
Week 4 Photos / Week 5 Photos / Week 6 Photos / Week 7 Photos
Weeks 8-10 Photos / Week 11 Photos / Week 12 Photos / Week 13 Photos
The photos appear small, but click on the "full screen" button for a closer look and the slide show option!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Donkeys & Dancing Zombies!

 Farewell, Akaroa! I love you, your farm hostel and your equine residents!

Down to Dunedin in the Southland - southeast corner of the South Island. Paused for a spell in Oamaru to spy on some Yellow-eyed Penguins - a rare species. They are as cute as puffins, waddling across the beach and feeding their young, which are as big as the adults now at the end of summer! The weirdest thing is that penguins hang out with rabbits in sand burrows. It was so cute, seeing two bunnies fearlessly hopping around an adult penguin feeding its chick!

I picked up a hitchhiker on my way from Oamaru - Mike is a resident of Dunedin, so when we arrived in his hometown, he offered guide me and Millie around the city. How terrific! Who needs info centres when you have a local to show you the ropes?

Last night was AWESOME - there was a rugby game, so the town was hoppin' until 3am. Met an expat from Oregon & Wisconsin and her NZ husband (Misty & Chris), now Christchurch residents, who are coping with the stress of both earthquakes. (Chris has two streaks of gray in his beard because of the stress of the past several months-lack of sleep included.) They invited me to join them and attend a folk music concert (a Christchurch band). What an absolute blast! Misty and I danced and danced and danced and danced some more...drew some shy folks out of the seated crowd to dance with us! And whew! Four hours of dancing was my EXTREMELY FUN exercise for the day.

Tomorrow? WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO ACT AS EXTRAS IN A B-RATED ZOMBIE MOVIE! WHOO HOO - MY DREAM COME TRUE! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Totally jealous.

    If I understand these things correctly, the earlier you show up, the more decomposed the makeup people will make you, and you get to be closer to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I knew you'd be envious - Sorry, hon. :) Good thing you made me watch all those zombie movies so I know how to act. It's going to be E-A-R-L-Y (6am - I guess earlier for better make-up job) and it will be C-O-L-D, so I hear. But it's going to be F-U-N!

    ReplyDelete